Yoga, Ayurveda and acro yoga in Budapest - classes, philosophy also in English

2010. október 3., vasárnap

The seed and the good soil

Ayurveda is the sister science of Yoga. The word itself means: knowledge of life. They are both rooted in Vedic philosophy, and they are both practical applications thereof.

Reading ayurveda, nowadays I learn a lot about Vedic philosophy. The more I dwell on the topic, the more I am surprised how complete and overall a knowledge it is. Slowly, I start to believe Guruji, who told me one day in India, that this knowledge is the alpha and omega of everything. Yes, in light of this wisdom even the churches of our days seem like a simplification.

I would like to share the beautiful metaphor that I learned thanks to Ayurveda. According to Vedic principles, Purusha is that ever present cosmic intelligence, that universal consciousness, or Soul that is present in all existing things. I talked already about its presence in the human on the apropos of the Sun Salute, namely, that the divine sparkle, or the seed of this cosmic awareness lives within us. This is our individual soul itself and the source of our human potential.

The other concept besides Purusha is the notion of Prakriti which stands for nature, form, matter. When the soul borns into this world, naturally it will need a form to manifest. This form is the Prakriti, our body and mind which building around our soul pull us into the circulation of nature. Such an embodied soul is prone to the laws of nature, subject to the play of the five elements and the gunas, it is going to grow old and finally pass away. However, until this body and mind serve us, it is crucial how do we treat it, because the seed, and our soul's development will be determined by the soil into which it has been planted. That is why yoga and ayurveda pay so much attention to the maintenance of body and health, and the purification of the mind.
Ayurveda formulates it beautifully that the Soul is the ultimate healer of all problems, the Soul is the basis, the axis of our health. We all know about psychosomatic diseases and that they are thought to develop unconsciously. But we are equally aware of the fact that all such ailments can be healed consciously by restoring the harmony of the Soul. That is the reason why ayurveda suggests to make Purusha consciousness a daily practice.
This means a contemplation from the perspective of the Soul. This is the state of the observer, when we silently witness everything that occurs in body and mind. We do not get caught in the disturbances of Prakriti, in other words, we do not react instinctively to the call of body and mind. We don't respond mechanically or emotionally to the emerging urges, just look at what IS inside.

In the book "The secret of letting go" Guy Finley explains that you should continously be aware that your thoughts and emotions are not identical to you, and you should try to watch yourself whenever possible form Inside and Above. This thought reflects the principle of the Purusha consciousness. And it really works.

Yesterday, I got the seasonal depression. That typical state when you cannot tell why but you feel totally blue. There is no sun, it  is cold and as the Hungarian poet Vorosmarty wrote "Now there is winter and silence an snow and death." Well, now it is just Fall here but that is bad enough already, and I got very sad and lonely.

And then I recalled the Purusha consciousness. I was just standing in the kitchen and felt like crying. So I just started to watch myself. Gazed from the inside all those emotions and thoughts. I tried to accept them, that this is what IS, and that this is only a passing state. This IS, not me.

I used this technique previously already in a critical life situation, and it helped me this time again. When the evening came I just fell asleep nicely and in the morning I got up at five, energized, and I sat down by my computer with new thoughts and inspirations.

The Soul is the greatest healer, so do not get lost in the caprice of nature, the Prakriti.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése